Wednesday 10 October 2007

Rosa Coelho - My Story

I never thought that I was capable of waking up at 5am! Now I'm waking up at 5am and excited to get to work. Who would of thought that changing careers could be so exciting and rewarding. Becoming a personal trainer has definitely been the right choice for me. I am currently working at a studio in Islington, London, with one of the UK's top fitness experts, Dax Moy (http://www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk/) and an amazing team of knowledgeable, motivated and positive trainers.

What motivated me to pursue a position at Dax Moy's was his holistic approach to training through implementing the P.O.W.E.R Principles (to learn more about the power principles read: http://www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk/articles/PowerPrinciples.asp?id=16). I've often said that if I had to work in a gym that I would have left this carreer path in the first week. I'm not trully sure if that would have been the case as I don't give up easily; however, I say this to reinforce that I whole-heartedly believe in Dax Moy's approach when it comes to training.

Prior to working at Dax Moy's I was a full time primary teacher in North London. A job that I still do a couple of times a week and enjoy very much. I've always loved teaching and don't feel like I've given any of it up, I've just changed from just teaching children to also teaching adults. The difference is that I am now passionate about my subject. My passion is health with the goal of attaining 'optimal health.' For many personal reasons (that I'll one day share) health has become extremely important to me.

Why did I change careers? Over the last few years I'd discovered that I was often giving advice about health, reading about health, and watching programs about health. I finally put two and two together and came to the conclusion that if was going to be dedicating so much time focussing on health, and that since work takes up so many hours in my life that I should just combine the two. The rest as the say is history....or in my case the present and future.

I look forward to many years of being a teacher and learner of 'optimal' health and look forward to the many new clients, stories and accomplishements the future holds.

Rosa Coelho
http://www.rocofit.com/

Health and Happiness

1 comment:

Sumio Kiyooka said...

Very cool! Glad you have found your passion. You're looking pretty buff in your photos as well.